La Vang is located in Hai Lang, Quang Tri. Once upon a time, in 1798, during the reign of King Canh Thinh, a ban on Catholicism was issued. Catholics had to hide in the deep forest of La Vang and suffered many hardships and diseases. And one day, Our Lady had an epiphany and showed them a kind of leaf called dandelion leaf - drinking it will heal diseases. Writing "leaf leaves" unsigned to La Vang, from which the name La Vang was born.